The Bathala Project

Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving thanks, getting turkey

A week or so ago, I made this typography poster, experimenting with brush styles and trying to fake a 3d look:

White-Type-copy

So, using similar methods for the type, and with the American holiday of Thanksgiving day coming up, I wanted to make a Baybayin greeting card I could give out to friends. And here we have it:

Happy Turkey Day

It reads "Maligayang araw ng mga pabo!!!", or literally, "Happy day of turkeys!!!" I opted for "happy turkey day" rather than "Happy thanksgiving"... I'm not exactly sure why, but I guess it was just funny at the time. That, or I didn't want to let my hand-turkey drawing go to waste.

SO, I'll be special sending these out to family and loved ones, BUT, if YOU want one, just send me $5, which will cover the envelope, printing and shipping, to me and I'll be sure to send you one :-D

edit: SOLD OUT

Stay up,

~cyph

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: