The Bathala Project

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cliff Notes

MUCH love and thanks to the USC Troy Philippines crew for inviting me to give a presentation about Baybayin writing and host a mini-workshop! I feel blessed to be able to touch the academic youth and for every opportunity I get to give back to the collegiate community from where I learned Baybayin from.

To all USC Troy Phi members visiting the site, here are a few of the pieces that I introduced during the presentation. Some of these pieces were on slides which I didn't have time to go further into. Click the pictures to follow them to the articles for a more in-depth explanation of their development and meaning:

The God Loves Ugly masks
God Loves Ugly Masks set

Bahaghari (Rainbow)
rgb iso2

The Bansa Canvas
Bansa Canvas

The Baybayin City Series
Initial Teaser

The Barrio Fiesta Menu Redesign
Coverpage blogsize

Baybayin Stylin concept piece
Faux Baybayin Magazine

The Swerte Vodka Ad Campaign
Swerte-Bottle-WEB

The California Pinoy Board
Board mockup1

Ako-Siya
Ako vs Siya - colorways

The Mahal Heart


Some of these pieces will be available at the Mabuhay Festival for sale as prints, with a percentage of the proceeds going to Ondoy Relief. But if you can't wait, you can always check the shop, or look at more pieces in the gallery. Also you can check some of the Spoken Word Sunday videos too. I'm well accessible, if you have any questions, you can get me by email (Bathala1@gmail.com), Facebook and Twitter. I stay connected, homeh.

Stay up, stay strong, fight on.

~cyph

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: