The Bathala Project

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spoken Word Sundays: Abet

I met Abet during the MAFA (Midwest Association of Filipino Americans) 2009 conference earlier this year, backstage at the pre-show performance. I honestly thought that I would be the only spoken word performance of the night, but during sound check, I was crushed to hear this lovely young woman spit some poetry. Crushed, because she was nice with it, and it made me realize I can’t half ass my sh*t!

I had the opportunity to chop it up with her for a little bit, and she was gracious enough to bless me with a little sample of her Midwest-flavor. I’m more accustomed to hearing faster-paced, rapid-fire delivery styles from Los Angelino heads (‘cause you gotta fit that 3 minute limit!), so it was nice to hear some of that stretch-pull steez from the Chicago lady herself, Abet.





This week should be pretty dope; I'll be posting up some artwork (finally!) to share with you all, and revealing more projects on the way. Stay up!

~cyph
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: